I was over at a friends house today and she drew my attention to this beautiful huge "ANGEL"S TRUMPET" she had in her yard. Also known as, "The Dog Killing Brugmansia". I ask her if she realized just how poisonous this Angel Trumpet was? Most people are not aware if your dog were to eat a piece of this plant it would most likely end up dead! Angel's trumpet is UNSAFE for everyone. The entire plant is poisonous, but the leaves and seeds contain the most poison. Consuming angel’s trumpet can cause confusion, dilated pupils, intense thirst, dry skin, flushing, fever, high blood pressure, fast heartbeat, hallucinations, nervousness, loss of memory, convulsions, paralysis, coma, and even death!!! As Beautiful as this plant may be, deffinately keep children and your pets away from it!
I'm a mother of four wonderful, grown children I am SO proud of and a grandmother of 13 amazing grandzilla's. We all live a good life with our German Shepherds being such an additional blessing to us all. Life is good here on Sand Mountain!!!